The Nanoionics and Fuel Cell group is seeking for an experienced researcher (PostDoc or equivalent) in the field of innovative Solid Oxide Fuel Cells development.
Estimated starting date: March 2023.
Its main tasks will be leading the experimental and reporting of a national coordinated project focused on the development of SOEC devices to operate under pressure and/or co-electrolyisis mode. The tasks will require knowledge about materials engineering, electrochemistry, engineering and energy technologies such as fuel cells and electrolysers materials and devices.
This candidate must have high education qualifications and more than 4 years of experience in materials science for energy applications with specific proven knowledge on high temperature solid oxide fuel cells and ceramic processing by additive manufacturing technologies.
Capability to work in a team, flexible, innovative, with initiative and problem solving skills.
Qualifications and experience required:
The call is open to professionals from any nationalities that fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
• Hold a PhD in the areas of Chemistry, Physics, Material Engineering & Science, Chemical engineering, and related areas.
• Experience in the field of hydrogen technologies systems, preferable solid oxide fuel cells at cell and system level.
• Knowledge in additive manufacturing technologies, preferable ceramic processing.
• Knowledge and experience in projects in the energy sector, especially in Fuel Cells, advance materials for energy, energy storage systems.
• Knowledge in system integration and balance of plant for fuel cells
• Knowledge of CAD design.
• Good communication skills; ability to communicate complex scientific information to individuals from other disciplines.
• Experience in collaborative research projects.
• High temperature fuel cells related scientific publications
• Language required: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Team Worker
• Initiative in Research and Innovation
• Analytical and synthesis capabilities
Applicants must submit the following documents by email to irecjobs en irec.cat ; atarancon en irec.cat and mtorrell en irec.cat.
- Curriculum Vitae, specifying the completed degree and any relevant professional experience.
- Motivation letter.
Offer of job position:
We offer a Postdoc position for 24-36 months
Salaries will be paid in accordance with the IREC’s salary policy, depending on the candidate’s qualification and professional experience.