Duration: Position runs until 30 Apr 2025, with the possibility to extend
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Data Scientist/Machine Learning expert to join the IRL in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. In this role, you will develop algorithms and approaches that enable human users in virtual reality to train AIs to carry out 3D molecular manipulation tasks in virtual reality (e.g., see https://tinyurl.com/5esum5jb; https://tinyurl.com/2yhfve2m; https://tinyurl.com/yc38ndk6). The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field, with expertise in reinforcement learning and other machine learning approaches, as well as familiarity with 3D modeling approaches.
- Develop and implement machine learning algorithms and approaches that enable human users to train AIs to carry out 3D molecular manipulation tasks in virtual reality.
- Collaborate with our interdisciplinary team of scientists, artists, and developers to integrate machine learning approaches into our workflows.
- Stay up to date with the latest machine learning techniques and tools, and integrate them into our research and development.
- Work closely with our VR developers and 3D modelers to ensure seamless integration of machine learning approaches into our VR-enabled immersive environments.
- Regular presentations to IRL members to share ideas, outline progress, and solve problems.
- Presentations at conferences and/or publications in respected journals or equivalent in the field.
Salary: ~€33k/yr. Additional complements are possible depending on applicant experience and track record
- PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience developing machine learning algorithms and approaches, with expertise in reinforcement learning and related approaches/software packages/statistical methods.
- Strong programming skills in Python, and familiarity with software development tools such as Git, relevant IDEs, and continuous integration.
- Familiar with machine learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenAI Gym, RLlib), and cloud computing platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure).
- Strong mathematical skills and experience with data analysis tools such as NumPy, Pandas, or R.
- Ability to work independently towards pre-defined goals: to devise, review and deliver complex projects.
- Knowledge and Experience of Good Software Practice & Maintenance of Open-Source Codes.
- Experience in developing robust algorithms for analysing massive data sets.
- Proficient English Speaker.
- Familiarity with scientific visualization and data analysis.
- Knowledge of web development frameworks such as Flask or Django.
- Experience with game engines such as Unity3D or Unreal Engine.
- Interest in exploring the frontiers of science, art, and technology.
- Database management systems such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- CUDA and related GPU programming tools.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling approaches.
For information on how to apply for a specific job, email your CV and supporting documents to sila.sobrado.subiela at usc.es, stating the job title in the subject line.