Role profile: We are seeking a graduate or MSc with strong background on Agricultural and/or Environmental Sciences and robust interest in modelling to develop his/her PhD in the framework of the GRAIN-SYST project (Spanish State Plan).
Duties and responsibilities: the PhD student will be in charge of (i) develop empirical field-based works based on sustainable cereal grain production systems in rainfed and irrigated areas of the Ebro valley. Research activities will be carried out in close collaboration with partners from other institutions in Spain as well as EU countries.
Qualifications and skills:
• Master´s Degree or equivalent (at least 300 ECTS comprising Bachelor's and Master's studies, with or without Master's Degree title).
• CV with minimum average qualification of 7.0/10. For qualifications obtained outside Spain, the average qualification should be computed following the criteria:
• Knowledge on field crops agronomy
• Knowledge on process-based modelling will be welcomed.
• Strong background in data collection and statistical analysis for life sciences.
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other researchers.
• High command of English.
• Strong communication and scientific writing skills.
• Driving license.
• Willingness to travel.
Terms: 4-yr PhD contract “Ayudas para contratos predoctorales para la fomración de doctors call” at Universitat de Lleida (UdL) (Lleida, Spain) and salary according to Spanish laws.
About the lab: Flat laboratory aimed at foster innovation in agriculture through empirical and modelling strategies to improve our mechanistic understanding of agroecosystems. We focus on participatory research in collaboration with local stakeholders and establishing on-farm field experiments. We work on the interface between agronomy, soil sciences and environmental sciences. For further info, please see: www.danielplazabonilla.eu
Please, get in contact with us with your letter of interest, qualification and CV in a single pdf document:
• Dr. Daniel PLAZA-BONILLA daniel.plaza en udl.cat Phone: +34 973702856
About UdL and Lleida: Universitat de Lleida (UdL) offers a high quality teaching with an old academic tradition of 700 years. UdL is a small university, with approximately 10,000 students enabling human contact among the different members of the University community. Lleida (Catalonia, NE Spain) is a city with a high quality of urban living, with one of the lowest unemployment taxes in Spain, safe and pleasant. Accommodation is very easy. The city is surrounded by the Horta de Lleida a highly diverse agricultural area (19,000 ha) with predominance of orchards. Lleida province offers a great range of outdoor activities (skiing, hiking, cycling, cultural heritage, gastronomy, etc.).