In the context of the ERC project PHOTOFLUX <<Global assessment of plant photosynthesis optimization for climate change versus enhanced plant productivity>>
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a PhD in biology, bioscience engineering, remote sensing, physics, environmental science, or another relevant field.
• The candidate has a strong background in plant photosynthesis research, preferably including proximal and remote sensing techniques
• The candidate has first-author publications related to the optical monitoring of plant photosynthetic behaviour
• Very good programming and data analysing skills in Python, R and/or Matlab are required
• The candidate has a good background on experimental design and statistics
• Experience with laboratory and/or field experimental set-ups is required
• The applicant is well-organized and can constructively co-guide PhD students
• A 2-year research position with possible extension at the Laboratory of Earth Observation at the University of Valencia in the framework of an ERC project, starting preferably on the 1st of October 2022
• A full-time (37h/week) contract as junior or senior postdoctoral researcher depending on experience and according to salary scales of the University of Valencia
• Work in a dynamic group with state-of-the-art facilities
• International research in the context of the upcoming Fluorescence Explorer (FLEX) satellite mission
Please contact Dr. Shari Van Wittenberghe (Shari.Wittenberghe@uv.es) for more information about the application procedure.