The Neuroscience Research Group (Dpt. Pediatrics, University of the Basque Country) led by Dr. Ainara Vallejo is looking for candidates to apply for Margarita Salas and/or María Zambrano postdoctoral fellowships.
The call is already published, and the application deadline is July 30, 2021 (https://www.ehu.eus/es/web/ikerketaren-kudeaketa/-/ayudas-para-la-recualificacion-del-sistema-universitario-espanol-2021-2023). We are looking for the following profiles:
-Margarita Salas (82 contracts): young Spanish or non-Spanish PhD researchers (less than 2 years) who have obtained their PhD degree in universities or research centers different from the UPV/EHU.
-María Zambrano (15 contracts): Doctors of any nationality with more than 24 months of postdoctoral experience, and who are currently developing research or teaching projects abroad (not in Spain).
We seek extremely motivated candidates with an interest in neurobiology and/or neuropediatric diseases. The research will be carried out in the beautiful city of San Sebastian, in the north part of Spain (Donostia Hospital/ IIS Biodonostia), within a project granted by the Spanish Ministry of Science (2021-2024) that is entitled "Dysfunction of the ryanodine receptor in pediatric diseases: characterization and evaluation of new therapeutic candidates".
• PhD degree in health sciences: Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine, Pharmacology... obtained in the last two years by a University other than the UPV/EHU
• First author publications
Education and training
• PhD degree in health sciences (Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedicine,…)
• Background in neuroscience
• Relevant work experience with tissue culture and/or mouse models
• Molecular and cell biology (qPCR, cloning, western blot, cell sorting, immunofluorescence, calcium imaging...)
• Good command of the English language (C1)
• Nº of positions: 1
• Start date: to be determined, 2022
• Contract duration: 3 years if awarded
• Estimated annual gross salary: 2.800 brut monthly, salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with our pay ranges
If you are interested, please send your CV and letter of interest asap (before July 25, 2021) by email to: ainara.vallejo en ehu.eus