CiTIUS, the Research Centre on Intelligent Technologies of the University of Santiago de Compostela, hires an international postdoctoral researcher for a period of 2 years.
Description and Research Objectives
We are looking for candidates with a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields, and a good record of scientific publications in top conferences and scientific journals, within the topics of interest shown below. We also expect self-motivated candidates who are able to work both independently as well as in a team. Fluent English is essential.
- Full-time contract with a gross salary of about 2.500€/month (14 payments per year, i.e. 35.000€ annual gross salary). It includes medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health System, as well as pension and unemployment benefits.
- Duration: temporary contract for a period of 2 years.
- The estimated starting date is: November 2020.
- Scientific leadership.
- Highly motivated candidates with an excellent scientific track-record.
- Fluent English is essential.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, hard-working and have the ability to work in a team and interdisciplinary environment.
- Good communication skills.
Evaluation and selection procedure
- PhD in an area related to Intelligent Technologies (up to 10 points)
- Scientific achievements: publications in the scientific topics of CiTIUS programme. Participation in R&D activities. (up to 40 points)
- Motivation letter, outlining background and experience, the 5 most relevant research results and a brief research proposal aligned with CiTIUS’ Scientific Programmes (up to 15 points)
- English level C1 or higher (up to 10 points)
- Personal interview (only the 3 candidates with the highest score and with at least 60 points in the other items) (up to 25 points)
Our research Centre
CiTIUS is a research centre specialised in Intelligent Technologies located in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Currently, the Centre has a team of more than 100 researchers, including 31 senior researchers, selected by an external Scientific Advisory Board. In the last 4 years (2016-2019), CiTIUS has attracted funding of over 10,5M€, of which more than 2,7M€ are from projects in collaboration with the industry sector. Currently, the centre has 9 international projects under development. In the same period, CiTIUS published over 150 articles in indexed journals (SCI-Scopus) and defended 38 PhD thesis. CiTIUS also transferred 15 software licenses and created 2 spin-offs, Situm and Imagames. CiTIUS also collaborates with relevant companies such as Indra, Finsa, Everis, Johnson&Johnson or Mestrelab Research among others.
Working at CiTIUS
CiTIUS provides a stimulating, interdisciplinary and cutting-edge scientific environment, where our researchers can foster and develop their scientific career in an international team. Among others, we offer:
- State-of-the art research facilities and career development opportunities.
- Be in contact and work in international research projects.
- Flexible working schedule. CiTIUS is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
- Training Programme in transversal skills which aims to enhance future employability and career success of our researchers including among others, intellectual property rights, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, dissemination and outreach.
- Possibility to participate in dissemination events with industry and outreach activities with scholars, organised throughout the year.
- Access to university facilities: gym, sport activities, Spanish courses, etc.
Deadline for submitting applications: 16 October 2020 | 23:59 CEST (UCT +02:00)
https://login.usc.es/cas/login?renew=true&service=https://sede.usc.es/formularios/solicitudes/identificacionSocialExtendida/redirect.htm?destino=https%3A%2F%2" class="wiki wikinew text-danger tips">The application must be submitted electronically via the University of Santiago de Compostela website:
- Reference number of the call: 13/2020
- Reference number of the position: 2019-PG064
This form must contain information of research background and work experience, including:
- PDF document of the Curriculum Vitae, highlighting the merits that are established as evaluation criteria in the above section.
- A motivation letter outlining background and experience, the 5 most relevant research results and a brief research proposal aligned with CiTIUS’ Scientific Programs (2 pages).
- Sworn statement in which the candidate declares under his responsibility, that he meets the requirements of the call and can prove it on the deadline of applications.
Candidates are encouraged to contact the CiTIUS Knowledge Management and Transfer Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance or for any information related to the application p