IMIBIC CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHERS
Description of IMIBIC
The Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba, IMIBIC, was established in April 2008 by an agreement between the Andalusian regional ministries of Health, of Innovation Science and Employment, and the University of Cordoba (UCO). IMIBIC is created with the objective of bringing together scientific research and medical practice, with the aim of speeding up the translation of research results into clinical practice and the development of new therapies.
IMIBIC is a mixed Institute of the University of Cordoba (UCO) and the Reina Sofia University Hospital (RSUH), structured in research groups commissioned by both institutions that cooperate in the implementation of the scientific programmes of the Institute. IMIBIC hosts over 500 clinicians, nurses, basic and translational researchers, and personnel in technical, management, and administrative areas. IMIBIC is accredited within the framework of health research centres of excellence recognised by the National Institute of Health Carlos III. IMIBIC is managed independently by the Foundation for Biomedical Research of Cordoba (FIBICO).
IMIBIC has the support of its sponsoring institutions: the University of Cordoba (UCO), a Higher Education and Research institution established in 1972 whit over 2,300 employees, and ranked among the top research institutions at national level; and the Andalusian Health Service (SAS), to which RSUH is ascribed, which is an autonomous public entity responsible for health care provision in Andalusia, one of the largest regions in Europe, with 8.4 million inhabitants. Healthcare services are provided by SAS through a network of integrated healthcare facilities organized to ensure the accessibility of the population: 1,518 primary care centres, 47 hospitals, 14 Health Management areas and 93,366 employees distributed throughout Andalusia.
Aim of the call:
The Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Cordoba (IMIBIC) is seeking researchers with the following profile:
We are looking for candidates to apply for:
- Sara Borrell contracts. National Institute of Health Carlos III, call for award subventions within the Strategic Action in Health (Acción Estratégica en Salud) 2013-2016. National Programme for Research Focused on Societal Challenges, of the National Plan on Scientific and Technical Research and Innovation 2013-2016
PhD in the field of health sciences and technologies.
Applicants should check their CV and eligibility conditions according to the specific Sara Borell call mentioned above.
You can apply to the following IMIBIC research groups: http://www.imibic.org/site/investigacion?lang=en
- GC-02. Oxidative and Nitrosative Stress in Acute and Chronic Liver Disease
- GC-03. Infectious Diseases
- GC-04. Inflammation and Cancer
- GC-05. Systemic Autoimmune and Chronic Inflammatory Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
- GC-06. New Cancer Therapies
- GC-07. Nephrology. Cell Damage in Chronic Inflammation
- GC-08. Hormones and Cancer
- GC-09. Nutrigenomics Metabolic Syndrome
- GC-10. Hormonal Regulation of Energy Balance, Puberty and Reproduction
- GC-11. Metabolism and Adipocyte Differentiation Metabolic Syndrome
- GC-13. Calcium Metabolism Vascular Calcification
- GC-15. Invasive Cardiology and Cell Therapy
- GC-18. Translational Research in Surgery of Solid Organ Transplantation
- GC-21. Metabolomics Identification/quantification of Bioactive Components
Selection Process: The process will consist of an analysis and valuation of all CVs received, ranking them according to the established profile. Following this, the applicants best positioned in the ranking might be called for a personal interview in order to evaluate more precisely the skills of the candidate.
How to Apply: Applicants should send their CV to the following address: personal en imibic.org stating clearly in the subject of the email the reference “Re: PostdocJR2017”. Deadline for sending your CV: 31 March, 2017.
Warning: Application emails that not include reference will not be considered for evaluation.