We seek candidates to apply for a 2 year postdoctoral research grant in the Beatriu de Pinós Program (BP 2016) of the Generalitat de Catalunya for the recruitment of research personnel to the Catalan science and technology system.
The MCS (Medicinal Chemistry & Synthesis) group is focused in drug discovery and chemical biology. The main goals are the design, synthesis and optimization of compounds active against a pharmaceutical target and the development of novel therapeutics or the improvement and optimization of existing drug molecules for the definition of new therapeutic approaches.
The MCS, under the direction of Dr. Amadeu Llebaria, is comprised of the Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry (MedChemLab) and the Service of Synthesis of High Added Value Molecules (SIMChem), both pertaining to the Institute of Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia (IQAC) of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) (http://www.iqac.csic.es).
Positions are available on two main topics:
- Glycolipid analogues as stimulators of NKT cell immune response: development and optimization of molecules for a new class of immunotherapeutics with potential uses in cancer, infective and autoimmune diseases and for vaccine development.
- Light operated drugs for precise protein control in vivo: development and optimization of molecules therapeutically useful for the precise control of protein activity in vivo using photoactive molecules that bind to drug receptors. This project has strong potential for neurodegeneration, neurophatic pain and other brain diseases.
Eligibility criteria (according to the call)
a) Must have obtained their doctorate between 1 January 2009 and 31 December 2014.
b) Have, at the time of joining the recipient organisation, a minimum of 2 years’ postdoctoral experience outside of Spain. This postdoctoral experience may, irrespective of the type of link, have occurred in different institutions, provided that the total postdoctoral stay/visit is of at least two years.
c) They must not have resided or worked in Spain for more than 12 months in the three years prior to date of submission of the application.
For more information: http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/index.cfm/jobs/fgDetails/105604
Skills and experience
- Candidates must have experience in the research field of the group: organic chemistry, synthesis, drug design, medicinal chemistry.
-Authorship of high impact scientific publications.
Working conditions (according to the call)
- Candidate will apply for Beatriu de Pinós Grant (AGAUR).
- Contract duration: 2 years
- Amounts granted by Beatriu de Pinós:
- Researcher salary: 86.000 € for whole project (gross salary + social security taxes)
- Training activities: 6.000€ total
- Institute of Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia, IQAC-CSIC, Barcelona
Please, send your Curriculum Vitae before November 15th to mcs en iqac.csic.es