The Signal Processing in Communications Group (GPSC, www.gts.tsc.uvigo.es/gpsc ), affiliated with the Department of Signal Theory and Communications at University of Vigo, Spain, invites applications for one postdoctoral position in the field of wireless communications. The selected candidate will join GPSC to investigate fundamentals and algorithm design/evaluation for communication and sensor networks. Areas of particular interest include:
- Sensor networks, Cognitive Radio and Compressed Sensing
• A Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering is required; PhD obtained before January 1, 2007
• Knowledge and experience in sensor networks, cognitive radio and/or compressed sensing
• Good verbal and written skills in English are required
• Strong publications in international conferences and journals in the area of communications
• Postdoctoral experience in a recognized group with expertise in the field is a plus
• Experience in the organization, management and training of technical staff/students is a plus
• Communication, computing and interpersonal skills are important
• Capacity to work both independently and within a team
Initial appointmen for one year, with annual renewal dependent on funding and performance. Expected start date is January 2010. Successful applicants will be offered a 36,000 € yearly gross salary depending on qualifications, as well as health benefits.
Interested candidates may apply to Prof. Nuria González Prelcic (firstname.lastname@example.org)Phone: +34 986 818656.
Applications should include electronic copies of the following:
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae. (*Please include your e-mail address and a recent picture.)
• A cover letter addressing the specified job qualifications.
• A letter of recommendation by a senior Professor/Researcher.
• A copy of the publication deemed as best representative of the candidate’s creative research.
Applications deadline: November 1,2009.