Research Assistant Position in the Components and Systems for Communications Research Group
The Components and Systems for Communications (CSC) Research Group (http://www.tsc.upc.edu/csc/) at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - Barcelona Tech. invites applications for one Research Assistant position. The successful applicant should have a Master degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
The position is associated to the national funded project TEC2014-58341-C4-3-R, entitled “Combined Hardware and Signal Processing Energy-Aware Solutions Enabling Agile and Sustainable Wireless Communication Technologies”.
The tasks of the selected candidate will be:
• Become a member of the research team of the project.
• Support and eventually carry out research activities associated to the project.
• Participate in dissemination activities of the project, including technical papers to be submitted to international conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
A full-time fixed term, for 15 months, contract aligned with the duration-frame of the National funded I+D+i project. The starting date is 1 October 2016 and until 31 December 2017. Upon successful completion of the fixed-term contract, a renewal might be considered depending on the achieved performance and the available funding opportunities by that time.
• The salary per year will be 31,152.46 euro (gross per year).
• Financial support for publishing and presenting results at leading international conferences.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful applicant should have a Master degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
• Good analytical skills and strong background on signal processing.
• Knowledge of power efficient wireless transmitters, digital communication subsystems, linear and nonlinear analysis and power amplifiers.
• Very good programming skills in MATLAB and C/C++.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Hands-on experience on power amplifier design and linearization.
• Familiarization with FPGA programming.
• Prior research experience in academia or industry.
• The successful applicant would have to work autonomously and be an excellent team player.
Applications should include:
• Full CV
• Copy of the Bachelor and Master Degree Diploma
• Transcripts for Bachelor and Master Degrees.
• Copy of the National ID Card or Passport (if the applicant is not Spanish)
The deadline for applications is 22 September 2016.
Send an e-mail with all the required documentation to Pere L. Gilabert plgilabert en tsc.upc.edu