Postdoctoral Fellow Position
Location: Gene Therapy and Regulation of Gene Expression Program. CIMA, research Center of the University of Navarra and Clínica Universidad de Navarra (CUN).
Contract: Postdoctoral position, full time, for 7 months with possibility of renewal
Application process: applicants must send to Puri Fortes (email@example.com) a cover letter describing experience and research interests, and an up-to-date CV including the name and addresses of three former mentors for reference letters.
Project scope: The position is available from December 1st, 2020 for the development of novel therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) targeting long non-coding RNAs
The successful candidate will
· work in an unique team of experts in functional RNAs
· use up-to-date models for nucleic acid delivery in vitro and in vivo
· develop preclinical models for HCC
· co-supervise PhD and Master students
· be involved in a project that moves from early basic research towards clinical translation and from massive studies to single molecules
· collaborate with basic researchers in biotechnology and functional RNAs and bioinformaticians at CIMA and with clinical researchers at CUN
Qualifications to be considered
· PhD training in molecular and cellular biology with skills in RNA techniques and/or HCC
· Animal handling experience
· Excellent interpersonal skills (project management, English and communication –oral and written-, motivation and resilience, organization, creativity, initiative, vision, connectedness, teamwork abilities…)
Experience with multidisciplinary approaches and bioinformatics are highly desirable. Applicants are encouraged to apply for competitive fellowship awards. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.