Nanoionics and Fuel Cell group announces a new opening position under an already granted FPI fellowship to develop a PhD thesis in the field of the Solid State Energy Devices. The researcher will work on the fabrication, characterization and testing of devices such as solid state batteries and solid oxide cells, fabricated by advanced fabrication techniques such as thin film deposition or 3D printing technologies. The aim is to develop new energy devices for sustainable and clean power generation.
• Qualification and experience required:
- Bachelor or Master in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Engineering, Nanotechnology or other related fields with especial interest in renewable energy sources.
- Knowledge in advanced materials for energy devices application and advanced manufacturing technologies (Pulsed Laser Deposition, 3D printing, etc..)
- Fulfill the requirements for being enrolled or admitted in a doctoral program for the 20/21 academic year a the moment of the application (before the 20th of October)
- Not having a pre-doctoral contract for more than 12 months at the time of submitting the application.
- Not having started predoctoral training with other grants from the Spanish national research plan.
• Language required:
Fluent in English. Spanish and Catalan are positively evaluated.
• Personal Skills:
- Team Worker
- Initiative in Research and Innovation
- Analytical and synthesis capabilities
• What we offer:
We offer 4 year-fellowship under a FPI grant already granted to the NiSOFC group (www.atlab.es). The incorporation is expected within the next six months.
The work will be carried out in Barcelona, Spain (IREC facilities, www.irec.cat)
Salaries will be paid in accordance with the FPI fellowship and IREC’s salary tables.
• To apply:
Send an e-mail with your CV and motivation letter to Albert Tarancón (email@example.com) and Marc Torrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject “FPI-3DPASSION” before 20/10/2020. A personal (on-line) interview will be required to the selected candidates.