This preselection process aims to select 10 postdoctoral candidates that will then submit their candidature in the “Research talent attraction Programme” of the regional government of the Xunta de Galicia. CICA and CITIC teams will assess the selected candidates in the preparation of their candidature to this competitive programme.
Characteristics of the positions:
• Distinguished Investigator (article 23 of Law 14/2011) with full-time dedication for 4 years.
• € Approximately 38.000 € gross salary per year (50.000 € including social and institutional costs).
• € 40,000 per year of support for the development of the research line.
• The possibility of collaborating in teaching tasks is not contemplated.
• They will join the UDC, specifically to the Center for Advanced Scientific Research (CICA) or CITIC.
Applications will be assessed in accordance with the following criteria:
a) Scientific track record. Applicants will be assessed based on the prominence and influence of their work in scientific journals (citations, impact factor, etc.), scientific and/or specialist books and chapters, conference papers, patents granted and licensed, and any other evidence of the candidate’s contribution to research, including transfer of technology.
b) International activity. Applicants will be assessed based on their direct participation in international programmes, projects and contracts, funding obtained through competitive international grant schemes, and international mobility (including pre- and postdoctoral experience outside of the candidate’s country of origin).
c) Leadership capacity in relation to own line of research and generation of new knowledge, based on professional scientific experience and personal track record. Applicants will be assessed based on their research leadership record (including researcher training and development, lead authorship of scientific publications, PhD supervision, etc.), prominence and influence of their research project (including invitations to international conferences, plenary speaking engagements, prizes, honours and distinctions), fundraising capacity (funding obtained as principal investigator for projects, contracts, etc.), participation in knowledge networks, and any other aspects of the candidate’s record which demonstrate independence, influence and leadership in their line of research.
d) 1 Page proposal of future research project. The research project should be aligned to one of the research areas of the CICA or CITIC.
Candidates interested in the positions should send an email containing:
• A summary letter, outlining the 10 most relevant research results, five of them should be publications in impact journals.
• A complete CV, including personal contact information.
• A brief one-page explanation of the future research project aligned to the chosen center.
• Although is not a requirement, we will appreciate to include a short motivation letter or any recommendation letters.
Deadline of the preselection process
Please submit your e-mail by the 10th January 2020 to coordinador.cica en udc.es