Our Research Group, METBIOCAT, is seeking candidates to work in the following project: Discovery of new, groundbreaking methods, strategies and concepts in the realm of transition metal catalysis, asymmetric catalysis and modern organic synthesis. The PhD student might also be encouraged to perform computational studies.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn and work in a multidisciplinary group and in a challenging and cutting‐edge research environment, in one of the best research centers of Chemistry in Spain.
Research topic: Unconventional synthetic methods based on metal catalysis. Enantioselective developments and access to bioactive molecules
PI: José Luis Mascareñas Cid, Fernando López García
Starting date: Between May and September, 2019
Terms and conditions: Initially, 1 year contract that can be extended. Anyway, the candidate should apply for predoctoral fellowships
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry, and academic rank higher than 7.5 (over 10).
- Master of Chemistry (organic synthesis or computational chemistry) already completed or to be completed during the current semester.
- We seek outstanding individuals with initiative, creativity and team‐working ability.
- Previous experience in research activities in organic synthesis, metal catalysis, organometallic chemistry and/or computational chemistry will be highly considered.
- The name and email of a contacting professor or researcher that know the candidate should be provided.
Send a brief CV (maximum 2 pages), a list of qualification marks, and names of some professors that might write a reference letter (they will be required for preselected candidates).
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject Predoc position @metbiocat.
FURTHER INFO: http://www.metbiocat.eu/opportunities