Asparia Glycomics https://aspariaglycomics.com/ a Basque biotechnology company, developing breakthrough solutions for glycoscience research and cancer diagnostics, is seeking a candidate to jointly apply for a (3+1 year) MINECO-funded industrial doctorate fellowship in chemical glycobiology.
The project which will be carried out in close collaboration with the Glycotechnology group at the CIC biomaGUNE research center in San Sebastian, Spain (www.glycotechnology.net) led by Niels Reichardt, will focus on the development of novel methods and reagents for the analysis of O- and N-glycosylation in serum and tissue samples as an initial research step towards new product development.
- Diploma and/or Master Degree in Chemistry with above average results.
- Good theoretical background and experience in organic synthesis
- Additional experience and knowledge in materials science, mass spectrometry or nanotechnology are appreciated.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Not have been beneficiary of a previous PhD fellowship within the Spanish National Plan or any other PhD fellowship for longer than 12 months.
- Not have a PhD yet.
- Compromise to accept the fellowship in case it is granted (tentative start end of 2019)
In case the grant application is successful, the candidate will be contractually employed by Asparia Glycomics on a temporary basis for 3 years and will be covered under the social security scheme. Financial support will cover salary, internships and tuition fees for the doctoral program at the University of the Basque Country.
Candidates should submit their CV, a cover letter and the names and contact details of at least 2 references using the following form and indicating 302 as reference.