The Carbohydrate and Protein Group of the University of Almeria, Spain, offers a postdoctoral contract to work on the surface modification of Metal-Organic Frameworks with carbohydrates and proteins for the construction of targeted drug nanocarriers.
− PhD degree in chemistry or closely related disciplines.
− Good English level (written and spoken).
− Experience in Organic synthesis, preferably Carbohydrate or Bioorganic Chemistry.
− Highly motivated and enthusiastic researcher.
− High degree of responsibility and independence as well as well as excellent teamworking skills proactivity and commitment.
− Readiness to undertake tasks and projects not necessarily in their area of expertise.
- Synthesis of carbohydrate derivatives
- Preparation of metal-organic frameworks (MOF)
- Surface functionalization of MOFs
- Stability studies
- Drafting of scientific manuscripts and presenting research in conferences and workshops
- Undergraduate and graduated students’ supervision.
How to apply: Send a CV in English, a Cover letter and the names and contact details of 2 referees to Professor Antonio Vargas-Berenguel