The Gene Regulation Lab at the IDIBAPS Research Institute (Barcelona), an ICREA group, is seeking a postdoc to work in the area of “Regulation of Gene Expression during Normal and Malignant Hematopoiesis”.
In recent years, ZEB1 and ZEB2 have attracted great interest in molecular oncology as key regulators of cell differentiation, EMT, stemness, oncogenic transformation, and tumor invasion and metastasis. The successful candidate will work in a project investigating the role of ZEB1 and ZEB2 in the initiation and progression of hematological malignancies.
The post holder will develop a research project in one of the hottest areas in molecular oncology using a wide array of in vitro and in vivo models as well as participate in other projects currently under way in the group.
- PhD degree in Biology, Bio-technology or related bio-medical discipline obtained not earlier than November 2010.
- Strong publication record with at least 2-3 first-author articles in high impact journals
- Strong background in Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- Experience in molecular oncology in leukemias/lymphomas would be a definite advantage.
- Experience in regulation of gene expression, transcriptional regulation, etc. would be a definite advantage.
Salary according to experience.
FURTHER INFORMATION & APPLICATIONStext
For further information about the work in the group visit http:// icrea.cat/Web/ScientificStaff/ Antonio-Postigo-379. Applications should include: a) complete CV and b) the names and contact details (phone and email) of three researchers familiar with the candidate’s work. Enquiries and applications should be sent to: idibaps.postigo en gmail.com indicating “Postdoc-Hematological” in the subject of the email.
Job offer link:text http://www.icrea.cat/Web/GetFile.asmx/Download?idFile=NkNKRWAOUMY%3d